Sunday 7 September 2008

Contrasts

From working with clay and quantity loads, I crossed a few geographical borders to work in a fine herb garden with the most exquisite of shrubberies. Well, not really, the shrubberies were somewhat in charmful disarray, and not better when I finished. But there were berries, cakes, wonderful vegetarian cuisine and Schwützer-Dütsch aplenty. Really lots of the latter. =)

I've spent less than a week at Haus Tao, near Bodensee, in Switzerland, and I already feel like staying here indefinitely. The contrast from a 4500 participant summer festival course to an intimate retreat of 5 people (lucky as I timed it) is astounding, and has probably sligthly leveraged my opinion. And I slept in a bed with feather cushions, instead of sleeping in a wet tent on my thin yoga mat. An important thing to note though, is that the people here are just as nice as the people in EC Immenstadt. (The latter would probably come after me with baseball bats, torches and dull spoons (yes, truly horrid) if I didn't write this.) If I continue travelling in this manner, I'll probably never be able to stop, as I have to visit all the places again.

And I've learned to say good bye the Schwützer-Dütsch way...

2 comments:

  1. /Users/Benno/Desktop/946.jpg

    Was good to meet you at the TAO house!

    Wish you all the best on your way down to Marco

    Benno

    ReplyDelete
  2. hei, æ følger med på din fantastiske reise=) testet faktisk yoga forrige uke. det er jo skikkelig bra greier alltså...;-) lykke til videre og kos deg videre! lykke til med å komme til marokko!
    mvh Martin Sønsterød

    ReplyDelete