Wednesday 10 September 2008

A nice puncture

As I was cycling to Liechtenstein, boom went the tire. But out of a house, an old man and an old women popped out. "Oh, let us help you!" the woman almost shouted, and ran into the house and called bicycle shops. "Hey, it'll be ok..." I tried to say, but she insisted. All the shops were closed for the lunch siesta they have in Switzerland, so: "You are coming in here and having lunch, now!" "But..." "No buts!"

So I had to go in the house, was not allowed to take my shoes off, and ate an extraordinary good rabbit meat ball and jummy side dishes. Then we took the car and drove around to find a bike shop. "And stop saying "thank you" all the time!" was all I heard, since I obviously wasn't able to say anything else.

We fixed the bike, spoke about everything between heaven and earth, and then I biked off. Guess who'll get postcards for every country I come to! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment